Ferocious fuzz tone
An experimental rock trio hailing from Japan, Boris are known for their amazingly versatile sound, which combines elements of noise rock, psychedelia, and droning soundscapes. This potent hybrid is driven largely by Wata's tenacious guitar tone. Wata sent her fuzz pedal of choice, the Elk BM Sustainar pedal, to EarthQuaker Devices to re-create it for the masses. Her particular pedal packs a distinct sonic signature, with a present and articulate sound that retains clarity and dynamic response even at high-gain levels.
EarthQuaker Devices Hizumitas Fuzz Sustainar Pedal Features:
- Fuzz/sustain effects pedal based on the Elk BM Sustainar pedal favored by Wata from Boris
- Volume control offers plenty of output level; unity gain is around 9 o'clock
- Sustain control covers a wide saturation range, with excellent clarity and dynamic response throughout
- Tone control emphasizes bass as you turn it counterclockwise, emphasizes treble clockwise
- All-analog signal path with silent relay true bypass switching