The full spectrum of fuzz — in one pedal!
From its early roots in a mixing desk’s faulty channel to the larger-than-life tones produced when pushing an amp to the brink of sonic destruction, fuzz has made its way into virtually every style of music played on a guitar or bass — and beyond. The Ripped Speaker proudly covers the spectrum of fuzz tones in a compact package. It can channel that lo-fi, razor-blade-slashed-speaker-cone sound à la the Kinks as well as full-throttle modern fuzz tone when cranked. With a range like this, the Ripped Speaker is perfect for everything from classic rock to country, blues, and even fuzz-drenched sludge, doom, and drone metal. Low-end warriors can also rejoice: this pedal works equally well for bassists looking to drive their amp with some extra crunch.
Infinitely tweakable tone that responds to your guitar
Don’t let the Ripped Speaker’s simple 4-knob layout fool you — this stompbox packs enough tone-shaping power to blow the doors down. The standard Volume and Fuzz knobs let you find that perfect amount of effect at any level, with active tone control courtesy of the Tone knob for fine-tuning your sound. Sweetwater guitarists instantly gravitated toward the Rip knob, a bias control that tailors the fuzz to your tastes and playing situation. By setting the amount of clipping at the top and bottom of the signal, the Rip knob gives you that classic “dying battery” sound, complete with sputters, splatters, and chokes. Once you get the Ripped Speaker dialed in, you’ll marvel at how responsive it is to your guitar’s volume controls. You can quickly transition from semi-dirty cleans to pummeling fuzz in the blink of an eye.
Electro-Harmonix Ripped Speaker Fuzz Pedal Features:
- Modern pedal made to cover the wide range of fuzz guitar tone
- Goes from lo-fi distortion to full-on saturated fuzz at the turn of the Fuzz knob
- Active tone control via the Tone knob delivers a tilt-shift-type EQ
- Rip knob sets the amount of clipping for an awesome dying battery sound, complete with sputters, chokes, and gated sounds
- Highly responsive to guitar controls; great when needing quick transitions from semi-dirty cleans to pummeling fuzz
- True bypass design
- Also perfect for bass